Friday, November 11, 2011

christmas pillow cover

In two weeks I will take the plane to Hong Kong.
I will stay in Hong Kong for 1 1/2 week and after my vacation I will travel around for a few days in germany.

Sadly I will miss the first 3 weekends before christmas. I will miss the first 12 days of chocolate from my advents calender and lighting the candle on the "adventskranz every sunday before christmas.

I won't be able to decorate the apartment and enjoy all the christmas lights in my home.
To take a little bit of the christmas feeling with my on vacation I made a christmas pillow cover for the long flight.


I wish there would be enough time for a matching quilt but I'm happy to have something christmas related around while travel.


I used some of my red and white christmas fabrics to make wonky stars. I quilted by hand around every wonky star with embroidery thread.


I used some of my fave japanese christmas fabric for the back of the pillow cover. Sadly I made a mistake with the measurements so pillow foam always shows :(


I loved making the wonky stars and they are fun easy. I will definetly will make more of them. Maybe a complete quilt made from wonky stars ?!

4 comments:

  1. Its lovely! And will make you smile through the whole trip! I was in Hong Kong a couple years ago and L-O-V-E-D it! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable~ you remind me I should really make some quilted christmas goodness. We'll be at home this year (New York)-- I stopped traveling for Christmas 3 years ago, it just got too hectic and I wasn't enjoying the season. But I hope you have a wonderful trip this year, with your pillow to keep you cozy and in a holiday mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. You are helping to wake up my Christmas spirit. I bet your family is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isa, oh, so bald schon geht es los! Ich bin total gespannt auf deine Reise und hoffe ganz, ganz fest, dass du von unterwegs postest!?
    Das Kissen und deine neue Börse sind super-schön :-)

    ReplyDelete