Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pillow talk

The weather is still to hot to move so I try to keep everything on a min.
This is definetly the best time to blog about my latest patchwork pillows.


When I was working on some holiday projects I started a small block of bow ties made with my fave fabrics.
I planed to turn this into a sketchbook cover but the design didn't stand out enough for a cover.
I set the block aside and worked on it again 3 months ago when I returned from Bad Homburg.


I added a few more bow ties and turned it finally into a new pillow cover for our living room.
Because it's a small project I decided on hand quilting.


The pillow doesn't look very shiny and new anymore because I used it a lot already in the past months.

The second pillow project started while I stayed at the inlaws after surgery.
I needed some fun hand sewing but wasn't in mood to work on the big hexie quilt.


So I pulled some random scraps and took them with me to the inlaws.
I have to admit that I didn't have a plan at all when I started with the hexies.

So I was just sewing them together and ended up with a colorfull stripe of hexies.
When I went home I was looking for background fabric and luckily I had enough of the grey metro circles to make a pillow cover.



I tryed my free motion skills on that pillow and I really like the result.
It's far away from being perfect but it's nice enough to sit on my sofa.

The background fabric is from my stash as well. I was looking for a bigger piece of fabric and found this lovely oldie but goldie.


The burning bears are a bit rude but I love the colors and the print :)

My third pillow was made for a reason.
I wanted a cute pillow for the chemo.
I have to stay at the doctor's office for around 5 hours durring the chemo and I wanted sth comfy and cute.


 When I planed the pillow cover I had a different design in my head but it didn't work with blue and red fabrics.
So I changed my mind and went with wonky crosses instead.


Finally I found a good use for the lovely red newspaper print. I quilted each cross by hand with embroidery thread from my stash.
For the back I used a fun red piggy fabric which I bought in 2008 in Japan.


Today I made the decission that I'm not going to work tomorrow. The weather is to hot and I think it's better to relax than going to stressfull meeting at work.
I'm going back on friday when the weather isn't that hot anymore.
 

4 comments:

  1. Love your pillows Isa. They're all super cute! I hope you're keeping cool xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your pillows Isa & hope you are feeling a little better every day. I especially like the hexagon strip pillow. What perfect material, the grey metro fabric for your hexagons. Oh & I love the fun little Japanese piggy fabric, hopefully the pillow brightens up your time spent at the doctor's & makes it a bit more comfortable. hugs always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice pillows!!! Lovely fabrics, nice quilting... Jolana

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful. My favorite is the pillow with the red crosses. I just ordered some of that seed catalog fabric but yellow. Now I want red.

    ReplyDelete