Tuesday, June 26, 2012

stripes quilt

This blog post is overdue since 6 months .

The quilt I'm talking about was a christmas gift to my sis in law.
Her family room is completly in black, red and white and I wanted a matching quilt for her.


Since I'm lacking of black and red fabrics I had to buy a Lost and Found 2.5" Rolie Polie to make a matching quilt for her home.
Since I didn't have a lot of time before christmas (I just returned from my Hong Kong trip) I had to go with a very simple design.


I took the Rolie Polie and added some red and black stripes to make the quilt a bit bigger.
I just sewed all the stripes together and quilted it with simple lines.


The back is a mixture of Lost and Found and Kona solids. The binding is kona black  to keep it simple as well.


This year I added a matching pillow to the quilt. It was my easter present for her and I was lucky to have some fabrics left from the backing. I always liked this block design and I can see myself making more pillow cases like this.

 
I hand quilted the pillow cover and bind it in black kona as well.

 
I love stripe quilts but I rarely make them because most fabrics in my stash are FQ.
I used to buy only FQ back in time so the oldies but goldies are ti small to use them like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment